Building a Business at Edward Jones
Be in business for yourself - not by yourself
With Edward Jones, you'll have your own office, a dedicated branch office administrator and the support of our home office resources and other Financial Advisors in your region. These are just a few reasons we consistently rank high in Financial Advisor satisfaction surveys.
Our collaborative culture and branch office network supports you as you build your business. Here's how:
- Client service and administrative assistance: We help you hire a full-time branch office administrator (BOA) and pay his or her salary and benefits, and provide training. Your BOA will assist you with administrative, marketing and service tasks to help provide an excellent client experience. This allows you to concentrate on advising clients and optimizing your practice.
- Collaboration: Your office will be part of a region - a group of branch offices in and around your location. Financial Advisors within the region collaborate regularly by exchanging business-building ideas and helping one another work toward their goals.
- Independence: You run your own office and choose the clients you want to serve. You have the autonomy to recommend solutions that align with your clients' best interests.
- A professional practice: We empower you to build the practice you deserve, whether that means planning your growth strategy or refining your business to serve a smaller group of clients.
- Compensation : Those who share the work, share the rewards - and this is reflected in our compensation package. In fact, Edward Jones ranked high in On Wall Street's 2014 Advisor Compensation Study across production levels, including No. 1 against wirehouses for all production levels and No. 1 overall for production levels $1 million and $600,000.
Create a reputation of personal service
At Edward Jones, we believe in doing business face-to-face. Our Financial Advisors spend time getting to know investors and their investment needs and objectives. That one-to-one interaction is key to understanding each individual's goals and will help you provide comprehensive advice and recommend appropriate investments or services.
Your branch location
One reason Edward Jones has been so successful is that our Financial Advisors are based in local offices in the communities they serve. This means we can get to know our clients personally and are able to build long-term relationships with them. It truly is a level of personal service not often seen today.
Finding the location you want
We have identified many locations in both existing and new markets across the country. Our Branch Development team responsible for analyzing geographic markets will help to find the ideal location for you - whether that means opening a new office in your current location or taking over an existing office.
Contact us to find the right location for you.
Training opportunities match your experience
You'll have access to tailored training, based on your experience, plus advanced training to keep you current on products, practice management and industry changes.Learn more
Our investment philosophy is rock solid
Our recommendations to clients are based on diversifying quality investments with the intent of holding them over the long-term. This never changes.Learn more
Our work benefits our clients and communities
Our Financial Advisors actively serve clients and also volunteer for others in their communities. They find both rewarding and important.Learn more