Find out why your military experience sets you up for success at Edward Jones.
FORCES Program for Military Professionals
Your military skills fit ours
We've seen firsthand that skill sets from the military translate well to the Financial Advisor role at Edward Jones. This includes your:
- Mission-oriented focus
- Determination to succeed
- Commitment to service and making a difference
These are some of the same skills it takes to be a successful Edward Jones Financial Advisor. And this is why we designed a training and development program specifically for transitioning military professionals.
No prior financial services experience is necessary
More than 1,500 Financial Advisors have previous military experience. Our program is designed specifically for people who don't have a financial services background but possess the skills and competencies we're looking for at Edward Jones. We seek individuals who understand the value of maximizing their efforts in exchange for greater results and rewards.
Comprehensive training and onboarding
Launched in 2012, the Edward Jones FORCES Program is a comprehensive training and onboarding program that helps ensure you receive a successful start at a new career helping individual investors reach their personal and financial goals. Like other new Financial Advisors, you will begin by spending eight weeks in the Study for Success program to obtain your securities licenses. From there, the additive training, designed specifically for military veterans, begins. It includes:
- FORCES Training - One week of Know Your Customer class in St. Louis, MO, or Tempe, AZ, followed by eight weeks of training in a host branch where you'll learn about the essential knowledge and skills to run a branch office, including working with a branch office administrator, key tools to use with clients, prospecting techniques and conducting appointments.
- Field Foundations - Nine weeks that include making contacts with prospective clients, observing veteran financial advisor interactions with clients, and executing market plans
- Work in Your Market - Five-and-a-half months of building a business in your community, during which time you'll continue to have access to trainers and mentors who will coach you as you complete your first year at Edward Jones.
Are you eligible for our FORCES Program?
The following individuals are eligible for consideration for the FORCES Program:
- Transitioning military personnel joining Edward Jones within five years of separating from military service
- Military personnel who remain active in the Guard or Reserve
- Non-military population - individuals holding advanced degrees (such as a legal degree, a medical degree or an MBA) who have less than three years of professional work experience
Ready for the next career of a lifetime?
Find out more about your opportunity by connecting with us in whichever way is most convenient for you:
- Apply now by visiting our online application and entering the ZIP code where you would like to locate your office.
- Send an email to FORCES@edwardjones.com, and we can discuss any questions you may have.
- Call us at 800-373-4927 to speak with a Talent Acquisition manager or recruiter.
- Contact a veteran Financial Advisor from your branch of service to discuss a career transition.
- Review FORCES Program FAQs for more information.
Explore news articles about our military hiring efforts
Meet ambitious professionals. Just like you.
Meet a unique group of professionals who all decided to switch careers to find more autonomy, increased financial rewards and more success.Learn more
We don't brag, but we'll share good news
Edward Jones is proud to receive regional and national awards each year. Read some of the reasons why we think you should join us.Learn more
We're looking for those who share our values
The opportunity, like our firm, is unique. This is why we're looking only for those who share our values and embrace our business model and strategy.Learn more
Learn about awards and organizations we support
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining military veterans as financial advisors
Edward Jones was named a 2014 Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military® by CivilianJobs.com, recognizing the firm's deep commitment to recruiting, training and retaining military veterans as financial advisors.
Edward Jones pledged a statement of support for Guard and Reserve employees.
Edward Jones is nationally recognized as a leader in offering career opportunities to military veterans. The firm received recognition from G.I. Jobs, earning a spot on the 2013 "Military Friendly Employer" list.