Tips for a Successful Interview
The interview process is our chance to get to know you – just as much as it is your chance to get to know us. We want you to be as prepared as possible, so your interview helps us both understand if a position at Edward Jones is the right fit for you.
We focus on several competencies related to your previous experience. This helps us to understand how you may have approached various job situations in the past and what you may have learned.
When preparing for an interview with us, consider the following:
- Study the position description to understand how your experience relates.
- Be prepared to discuss specific instances in your previous roles that directly relate to what is being asked in the position description or role.
Answer interview questions using the following format:
- Briefly summarize the situation or scenario
- Discuss YOUR contributions or how you acted
- Discuss the outcome or result and (if applicable) what you learned
- Stay focused and on point
- Be prepared with thoughtful questions
- PRACTICE in front of a trusted friend or family member