Our Hiring Process
Once you have found a position of interest, create a candidate profile and submit a resume online.
Receipt of resume
You will receive a confirmation email when we receive your resume (Note: if you have a SPAM blocker please ensure you can receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org)
A recruiter will evaluate your qualifications and invite the most qualified candidates to participate in our selection process.
If selected to move forward we utilize several types of interview formats including a digital interview, follow up phone conversation and an in-person or virtual hiring leader interview.
You may also be asked to participate in an online assessment in the final stages of the process.
Finalist Evaluations and Offer Extended
Our hiring leader and recruiter evaluate finalists and establish who will receive an employment offer.
A candidate’s employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and other pre-employment reviews.
Keep in mind, the entire recruiting process can take from two weeks to several months, depending on factors such as salary, geographic location and position.
Search our current openings and apply for a headquarters position with Edward Jones.
Tips for a Successful Interview
The interview process is our chance to get to know you – just as much as it is your chance to get to know us. We want you to be as prepared as possible, so your interview helps us both understand if a position at Edward Jones is the right fit for you.
We focus on several competencies related to your previous experience. This helps us to understand how you may have approached various job situations in the past and what you may have learned.
When preparing for an interview with us, consider the following:
- Study the position description to understand how your experience relates.
- Be prepared to discuss specific instances in your previous roles that directly relate to what is being asked in the position description or role.
Answer interview questions using the following format:
- Briefly summarize the situation or scenario
- Discuss YOUR contributions or how you acted
- Discuss the outcome or result and (if applicable) what you learned
- Stay focused and on point
- Be prepared with thoughtful questions
- PRACTICE in front of a trusted friend or family member