Bring your ability. It's intense, but worth it.
For recent graduates, we designed a rigorous training program to help you accelerate your success as a Financial Advisor.
Financial Advisor Career Development Program
A Great Start to Your Career
You're set on succeeding. Where you succeed matters. From training, support, development, collaboration and compensation to culture, integrity and investment philosophy, the quality and consistency of these areas could make the difference between a job and a career.
About the role
Working with Edward Jones, you'll be doing meaningful work on a daily basis with one of the most respected financial services firms. We're proud of the history we've made, what we're accomplishing today and the growth we have planned for the future. But always, at Edward Jones, our purpose is clear: doing what's best for our clients.
We're excited to offer you the opportunity to join our unique Financial Advisor Career Development Program. Join us in serving clients across North America.
This is an intensive, one-on-one training and mentoring program with real world, on-the-job experience that will help you launch your career as a Financial Advisor.
Here are the details:
- Designed for those with three or fewer years of professional experience
- Classroom training and one-on-one coaching and mentoring delivered by a team of professional trainers and experienced Financial Advisors
If you have more than three years of professional experience, or want to learn more about the role of an Edward Jones Financial Advisor, please explore our traditional program for new Financial Advisors.
Who Should Apply
Learn about program qualifications to see if the Financial Advisor Career Development program is right for you.
Are you ready for a challenge?
We've found that those who become successful Financial Advisors bring the following qualities to the table:
- Track record of success with examples of leadership
- Motivation through challenge and reward
- High level of comfort with autonomy and independence
- Previous sales experience
- Positive and sociable perspective that handles rejection effectively
- Capacity for hard work and demonstrated self-discipline
For the Financial Advisor Career Development Program, we look for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Students completing their junior or senior college year (with one semester remaining before graduation) are eligible to apply
- Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Candidates who demonstrate a drive to succeed and have a strong interest in pursuing the Financial Advisor career after graduation
- Students with excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
The program lasts seven months for those with their Series 7 and 66 licenses, and nine months for everyone else. The program includes a mix of training and hands-on application.
In addition to the training you will receive in the Financial Advisor Career Development program, Edward Jones provides ongoing training throughout your career. Learn more about Financial Advisor training.
The first portion of the program takes place in our headquarters.
St. Louis or Tempe
The first seven months of the program require relocation to our headquarters in St. Louis, Mo., or Tempe, Ariz. Once you complete that phase of the program, you should be ready to begin building a business as a Financial Advisor.
You'll be compensated biweekly during training, then transition to the traditional Financial Advisor compensation structure that rewards you based on the work you put in to the role.
Learn how our Financial Advisors are compensated
Compensation at Edward Jones is more than just a paycheck. Find out what's included in the traditional Financial Advisor compensation package.
How to Apply
Getting started is easy. Begin our application process today.
Search current opportunities
Visit our Financial Advisor career search page and enter the ZIP code where you would like to build a business.