Tips for a Successful Interview
The interview process is our chance to get to know one another so we’re offering these tips to help you feel prepared.
We focus on skills and abilities related to your previous experience to help us understand how you approach and learn from various job situations.
- Familiarize yourself with the location, traffic, and parking, and arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Business Attire is the standard dress at Edward Jones so please dress professionally in a suit or suit-like look for your interview.
- Bring several copies of an up to date and detailed resume.
- Expect to be asked situational questions from the advisor; this is your time to highlight your accomplishments by describing a specific situation, your actions and the overall result.
- Have questions ready for the financial advisor; you can review the Edward Jones website for information about the branch, company and position; your recruiting team is your resource for compensation and benefit questions.
- Create a great first impression; the interview starts when you arrive to the office.
Want to leave a lasting impression? Consider sending a hand written thank you letter or a thank you email within ~24 hours after the interview.