Financial Advisor Transition Year 1-2 Compensation Example
Select amounts from the dropdowns below to get an idea of how your compensation could look for the first two years at Edward Jones.
Loading data Please wait...
Compensation for a financial advisor transitioning to Edward Jones is commensurate with their experience and the maturity of their practice. For those advisors with AUC below $40M, it is likely that the compensation package will vary and will include a supplemental salary. Therefore, the above calculator is not applicable for this group of advisors.
|Components||Year 1||Year 2|
|New Asset Compensation2||0||0|
|Travel Award Program5||0||0|
This information is for illustration purposes only and does not guarantee a Financial Advisor will receive any specific type or amount of compensation; your compensation may vary. This information is not intended to predict future compensation and contains certain assumptions which may or may not be accurate. This information is based on Edward Jones’ current compensation structure and is subject to change at any time.
- For the purposes of this calculator, salary is estimated based on AUC and 12 Mo Trailing Gross. Salary is offered for the first 12 months and determined on an individual basis. Actual salary will vary.
- New Asset Compensation: Bonus earned for all qualifying new assets to Edward Jones. Bonus calculation above includes certain assumptions and actual compensation my vary.
- Profitability bonus: Trimester profitability bonuses are based on the profit of the firm and your individual branch profitability. Due to high new asset compensation, your branch may not be profitable in the first two years with the firm.
- Profit sharing: Profit sharing is tied to the firm’s profitability and contributed to the firms qualified retirement plan up to the maximum amount define under ERISA. Amounts over the limit are paid in the form of a cash bonus. Historically, profit sharing has averaged over 4% of associate’s total compensation and is 100% vested day one.
- Travel Award Program: Financial Advisors have the opportunity to earn up to two trips a year with a guest by qualifying for this award. The above amount represents the value of the trips taken; associates must meet qualification requirements to be eligible. Cash payout in lieu of trip may vary.
Edward Jones Financial Advisor Median Return — Standard Compensation
This data reflects the median of Financial Advisor Total Return statements for standard compensation for the 2019 time period in the United States, except for California, Illinois, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota and South Dakota. View the median returns for these states. This data is not intended to predict future Total Return for any particular Financial Advisor and is subject to change at any time. Figures do not include potential partnership returns. This information is for illustration purposes only and does not guarantee a Financial Advisor will receive any specific type or amount of compensation.