Compensation and Benefits
Our benefits and compensation philosophy is rooted in our culture of long-term relationships with associates.
Working at Edward Jones offers many rewards, and our commitment to sharing the firm's success with those who create it makes our total return different from that of other firms. We recognize individual efforts through a competitive reward program and a unique culture that promotes a long-term career, contributes to your financial security and encourages you and your family's well-being.
When Edward D. Jones Sr. established our firm, he created the precedent of treating all associates as business partners, not simply employees. Ted Jones expanded upon this concept to grow an organization based on a partnership spirit and on the philosophy that those who share in the work can share in the rewards.
Edward Jones helps you secure your financial future with a compensation program that rewards you based on the success of the firm and your individual performance.
- Our base pay compensation program is competitive with the external marketplace.
- The trimester bonus program is flexible, providing higher reward potential during periods of strong firm performance.
Just as our firm is based on long-term relationships with our clients, our compensation programs are designed to encourage a long-term relationship with associates.
The Edward Jones retirement plan consists of two parts - 401(k) and profit sharing. Unlike other employers' plans, which provide a simple 401(k) matching contribution, the Edward Jones plan puts the emphasis on the profit sharing component - a firm contribution as a percentage of your paid compensation for the year, made to your account on a pre-tax basis.
- Profit sharing, while not guaranteed, is tied to the firm's profitability, allowing the opportunity for larger contributions to your retirement savings in years of success, compared to a flat 401(k) match. Historically, the contribution has averaged over 4% of an associate's total compensation (including bonuses). You're 100% vested on day one.
- The 401(k) portion of the retirement plan is intended to give you additional security for retirement. For some associates. The firm matches your pre-tax and Roth contributions dollar-for-dollar up to $500 a year.
Health and Well-being
Edward Jones offers full time associates access to an affordable medical plan that encourages you and your family's well-being and limits your financial exposure if you have significant medical expenses.
The firm makes a significant investment in subsidizing health and wellness benefits for associates, paying for the majority of premium rates and providing access to discounted services through our health plan vendors.
- Dental and vision
- Life insurance and disability
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Security purchases with discounted commissions
HQ Investment Services
U.S. headquarters associates have access to our Financial Advisors and Client Service Specialists who provide information and personalized services to help associates achieve their financial goals. We also deliver classes and programs on investing and personal finance. In addition, Edward Jones associates can benefit from the Retirement Consultation Group, a dedicated resource within HQ Investment Services, available to help associates prepare and transition into retirement.
Note: Part-time associates are not eligible for all benefits.
We hope you're OK with being "award winning."
For more than 90 years we've been helping clients and associates reach their goals.Our Collection
Work in St. Louis, Tempe or Mississauga, ON
Learn more about why we're proud to call these cities "home."Learn More
Training that goes beyond a classroom
You'll get hands-on experience to deepen your knowledge and skills.Learn More