Start your career, early
Learn about the Financial Advisor career and build your communication and business skills during a 10-week paid summer internship.
Financial Advisor Internship Program
About the Internship
For ten weeks, interns gain first-hand experience in the financial services industry by working alongside a Financial Advisor in one of our branch offices.
As a student preparing for your career, it's important you find an opportunity that offers challenging work in a learning environment. At Edward Jones, you will find that unique opportunity as you team with a Financial Advisor in his or her branch office.
During the summer internship, you'll develop valuable relationships with knowledgeable mentors and gain business-building, communication and networking skills. Perhaps most importantly, you'll be in the unique position to really see what it's like on a daily basis to be a successful Edward Jones Financial Advisor.
What the internship entails:
- Experiences and activities to demonstrate what the work of a Financial Advisor looks and feels like
- Training and practice to develop the ability to meet and talk with people
- Branch seminar planning
- Marketing support
- Promotion of branch activities
- Assistance with networking and community involvement
- Assistance with client services as allowable
Upon graduation, Edward Jones has a special program designed for those who want to pursue the Financial Advisor role as a career. Learn more about our Financial Advisor Career Development Program.
Who We Look For
Learn about internship qualifications.
Who should apply
Students will complete the internship the summer prior to graduation. Students interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- Must be in good academic standing in college or university
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have a strong interest in pursuing the Financial Advisor career
- Display excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
Program Length and Compensation
Interns work full-time during this paid summer internship.
Interns work 40 hours per week during the 10-week program and are compensated hourly while receiving real-world experience working in a branch office.
Interns are being hired for positions in branch offices located across the United States.
We'll find a location for you upon your acceptance into the program based on your preferences.
How to Apply
Ready to get started?
Summer Internship Application - Not Currently Available
The application window is currently closed.