Our clients have never met you
But they will count on you. Our clients count on every associate to help them meet their goals
Opportunities for College Seniors
Share your talent, discover your passion...
and gain experience through a wide range of career opportunities in our St. Louis and Tempe headquarters locations. Find out if our Rotational Development Program might be right for you.
Rotational Development Program (RDP)
Perform meaningful work and explore many areas of the firm in this unique program.
For students completing their senior year of college, the RDP provides a 12- to 18-month cross-training experience that allows individuals to rotate through one or more divisions of the firm.
The purpose of our RDP is to provide the associate with a broader perspective, and wider exposure to the work in preparation for their final placement. Opportunities are available in both St. Louis, Mo., and Tempe, Ariz.
Students entering our program have diverse college backgrounds which include, but aren't limited to the following majors:
- CIS or Computer Science
- Human Resource Management
Beyond the Office
At Edward Jones, we value our commitment to our neighbors, and instill the same value in our RDP associates by engaging them in a day of community service before they begin the program.
We're also committed to developing and expanding the knowledge of our RDP associates through the following programs:
- Competitive Strategies
- Study for Series 7 or 66 license, or required department licensing
- Branch visits
- Speaker Series
Who Should Apply
This is the starting line, the keys to opening a new door to your future - and you'll have fun along the way. Sound good? Check out the criteria for applying, and get started.
Are you a college Senior?
The RDP program is for students who meet these criteria:
- Are in their senior year of college
- Have previous internship experience
- Demonstrate a strong interest in understanding the financial services industry and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have excellent analytical, leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
- Are eligible to work in the U.S.
Length of Program
As an RDP associate, you'll rotate through various divisions of the firm over a period of 12 to 18 months. The challenges are purposeful and the personal rewards are immeasurable.
Support and Development
Our Rotational Development Program isn't your typical "trainee" experience.
Get a jump start on your career!
We do things differently here at Edward Jones, and that includes how we train and support RDP associates.
RDP Program Advisors are former RDP associates who offer their support to new RDP associates as they begin their career at Edward Jones. The RDP Program Advisor can serve as a mentor throughout the program to answer questions about the program itself, final placements and all RDP activities.
Career Mentor Program
As RDPs enter their fourth rotation and final placement, they will be given the opportunity to choose a Career Mentor. Career Mentors are associates who exemplify a strong and healthy work ethic. In addition, they have expressed an interest in supporting the career growth of new associates. Career mentors will:
- Help new associates understand the firm's culture, values and behaviors common to fellow Edward Jones associates
- Provide guidance for professional development and career plans
- Create awareness of and involvement in activities outside of rotations or final placement
Each RDP associate is expected to visit four branch offices during the course of the program to gain a more well-rounded perspective into the experiences of a financial advisor (FA) and branch office administrator’s (BOA) experiences.
All RDP associates are invited to participate in a Competitive Strategies class. This class provides a greater understanding of the firm, our philosophy and our market share and positioning within the industry. The class generally meets once a month, with participants giving a final presentation to firm leaders.
The Speaker Series is an opportunity for RDP associates to hear a general partner and/or veteran associate speak about his or her area of expertise. These are informal sessions that provide insight into the functions of each division in the firm.
- Arizona State University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Missouri State University
- Truman State University
- Tuskegee University
- University of Missouri - St. Louis
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- University of Arizona
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Florida A&M University
- Spelman College
- Morehouse College
- Saint Louis University
- Culver - Stockton College
- Westminster College
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
Take the next step - Start the application process
If you're interested in starting your career with a financial services leader, follow these steps.
- Visit your Career Services office to find out when Edward Jones will conduct on-campus interviews. We have specific target schools at which we recruit beginning in August, going through October.
- Submit your resume through your university's Career Services site for consideration. On-campus interviews (first round) will take place in late September through mid-October.
- Candidates selected for final round interviews will be asked to complete an application on the Edward Jones Careers site.
- Final round interviews will take place on-site at Edward Jones headquarters mid-October through November.
- Offers will be extended to interns and RDP candidates in November and December.
*To be eligible for the internship or RDP programs, you must attend a target school or be formally referred by an Edward Jones associate.
Want more information? We've compiled some frequently asked questions about our internship and RDP programs.