Tempe at a Glance
South of Scottsdale in the East Valley section of metropolitan Phoenix, Tempe is a community – both historic and modern – that is at once a thriving metropolitan hub for regional headquarter division, a bustling college town and a natural playground for those seeking outdoor adventures.
- Recognized by LinkedIn as one of the best cities to launch your career.
- Home to Arizona State University, one of the country’s largest research universities.
- Mill Avenue and the historic Maple-Ash neighborhood offer shops, bars and eateries with a hip, college-town vibe.
- Miles of hiking and biking trails to explore, including Hayden Butte, a small mountain in the middle of town.
- Big sports in the Arizona football Cardinals and baseball Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns NBA team and Coyotes NHL franchise.
- Spring training home to the Los Angeles Angels at Tempe Diablo Stadium.
- Kayaks, paddle boats and paddleboards on Tempe Town Lake.
- Festivals, concerts and a vibrant arts scene – with the best Broadway shows in all of Arizona.
- Easy day trips to Sedona and the Grand Canyon.